Saturday, January 23, 2010

Anyone ever use Hair relaxers?

is a hair relaxer a good option for taming my unruly curly hair - I came across Hair At Rest by Paul Brown - any suggesstionsAnyone ever use Hair relaxers?
A relaxer is very harsh, and a great majority of ethnic women use them. I am one and I no longer use a relaxer. If you still want one, make sure you go to a salon where they know what they're doing. Another suggestion is to maybe get a texturizer. It is still kind of like a relaxer, but it doesn't completely rid of your curl, just makes the curls softer and easier to manage. You can also find someone to straighten your hair with a straightning comb. Whichever you chose, do NOT apply a relaxer yourself. Have a consultation with a trained stylist and they can lead you in the right direction.Anyone ever use Hair relaxers?
I hear hair relaxer is hard on the hair, much like a perm. Ask a hair professional.
I have multiethnic curly hair.... and no, a relaxer is NOT a good option for taming curly hair... and you shouldnt. I've used one when I was little and my poor little strands got shorter and shorter until I had to cut it off and start from scratch :(... Try heat instead, because heat is temporary and less damaging as relaxers when it isnt used in excess....





For my routine, I wash my hair daily and when I am conditioning it, I comb it back with a wide toothed comb to detangle.... and after rinsing, I put it back in a ponytail or bun. I slap some hair gel on and after it dries, its MUCH straighter than it was. try it!





Nah, don't do that... drop the relaxer and just do it yourself because you will absolutely hate the results. I know I did..
this is joe's wife. im a white girl with ethnic hair. ( no im not half or part anything) i've tried everything in my hair to make it straight. I do mean everything. over the counter and at the salon. be careful. that stuff dries your hair out and if you leave it on too long it causes horrible damage. once i left it in too long and it make parts of my hair look green, break off. fall out or the worst part.. it turned strands of it this funky yellow and it would stretch like spaghetti before breaking off.. just be careful what you use.
African American women often use hair relaxers to straighten their hair. Some Caucasian women do also.





There are many different types. Talk to a beautician that is experienced in using relaxers on your type (grade) hair.
Use them all of the time. You will need a relaxer for fine hair( Mild Formula). Go to a Beauty Supply Store. I use Revlon Realistic Relaxer and Dr. Miracles Relaxer.





Who is going to put the relaxer iin for you?


First go get it done professionally, watch how they do it, then you can do it yourself after that.
If you chemically treat your hair you should know that your hair becomes weaker. I suggest that you get a professional to do the treatment. It is easy to over process and damage your hair which would mean you would have to cut off all the damaged hair. Think about it before you do it and got to someone you trust.
nope
relaxing hair is nice to tame the curly hair only if you get it done by a salon or professional because taken from a hairdresser clients came into my salon that doesn't know what they are doing and the products they use aren't that well that your hair could cause breakage the chemical that's in the relaxer are very strong and should only be done by a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment