Friday, January 22, 2010

Neeed help with transitioning from relaxers to natural hair?

wat is the best way to do this? i need to get my hair healthy again becuz relaxer don't work on it anymore, but my hair is very short and gets hard to comb when it is natural. i do moisturize it, but are there any styling tips so my hair will be easier to comb and style?Neeed help with transitioning from relaxers to natural hair?
While you are transtioning, I would suggest to style your hair in the style you want it in before it dries after a wash. You can use rollers if its long enough for that. If it's not, then as it grows you can put it in ponytails to dry or the rollers.





I am not sure what you moisturize with, but most products made for AA women are not even moisturizers. Like oils. They only seal in moisture. I know some women transitioned using scurl activator to help them be able to comb it better. (I used liquid hair mayo by africa's best which I think led to my not having much breakage) Always use the widest tooth comb you can find. And maybe experimenting with the no poo method. Meaning don't wash with shampoo. Conditioner can work just fine. (yes it's true) if you still are not so sure about it, add some lemon juice to it or use vo5 clarifying conditoner kiwi and lime. Shampoo tends to strip the hair. Leading you to continually have to fight the battle of dry hair.





there are also some great websites to help you:





motowngirl.com


nappturality.com





both have advice about what I have wrote about.Neeed help with transitioning from relaxers to natural hair?
Well I will assume you have curly hair if you are using relaxers


first keep conditioning it if you have any beer around pour that on it and leave it do not wash it out the hops and wheat in beer is great for your hair and also put a leave in conditioner every day. there is also this spray you get to help the curl spray it on it is like anti frizz spray and just scrunch your hair with your hand after do not blow dry it ever.. It will be better than you know it in no time.. I was born with straight hair had a hospital stay and then came out with curly it took me a while to get used to it but them are the tricks I have found work. if you can help it do not wash it every day the number 1 problem with curly hair for some reason has less oil than other hair washing it strips the hair.. if you can go without washing and the same day pour the beer on even better.. Also if you put on a conditioner that you wash out put it on at night and comb it in and wash it out the next day hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment