Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How do I restore or repair my fried ends from a hair relaxer?

The ends are fried and frazzled. About an inch and I don't want to cut them off. How do I repair without cutting my hair? the ends look like they are melted. I tried sleeping in Emergencia which is fantastic and it helped a little but don't know if it can repair the damage. Any ides? {without cutting}How do I restore or repair my fried ends from a hair relaxer?
you can't repair fried hair..it has to be cut off...How do I restore or repair my fried ends from a hair relaxer?
dont cut them, apply a good repair mask every time u wash it, and let it stay for an hour if u got the time, but apply it even if u dont have much time, and put serum on the tips when dry
Sorry, but you have to cut them off. I'm a cosmetology student so I know. There is nothing you can do to repair it. It wouldn't even be worth it if you could since its only an inch. I say just cut it off so your hair looks better! Good luck. I know what not what you wanted to hear, but its the truth.
you never leave a non leave in conditioner on your hair, especially damp hair over nite. Thats why there is leave ins and rinse out conditioners. You've probably made the breakage worse. Try Mendex by Roux or Apoghee reconstructor, or a conditioner with hydrolized keratin like the CHI conditioner, but ultimately you might have to just cut it so it doesn't creep up your hair shaft, its just an inch.


Lastly you need to moisturize your ends (hair past your ears) daily, every other day - they are the driest and weakest point on your hair.
There are some deep condition treatments that you can buy that will help some and if you call a beauty shop, they may be able to tell you the best ones to try. other than that, the only way to really get rid of split ends is to cut them. i know that it sucks, ive had to do it a few times, but when it grows back it will be healthier. i made the mistake of using relaxers and went through the same thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment