Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hair Relaxers...black woman's hair..?

When I was younger, I remember my older sisters having their hair relaxed once every three months. I don't understand this because now that I have relaxed hair, it needs a touch-up every month. I have at least 1/2 inch of new growth and I am VERY tenderheaded. If I don't get my hair relaxed, it hurts my scalp. There is no way that I can go 3 months without a relaxer. I keep hearing stories about over processing. Does anyone else have to relax their hair in less than 3 months.Hair Relaxers...black woman's hair..?
Everyones' hair is different. It sounds like yours grows quite fast. Relax your hair every 6 weeks--but ONLY the roots. Don't relax over the hair that's already had chemical on it before. Use a child's coarse relaxer and only mix 1/2 the container. You can save the rest for the next time.Hair Relaxers...black woman's hair..?
If you wear your hair down, get it done every six weeks. That's what I do.
Yes I used to but it made all my hair fall out i mean completely bald so i don't even used relaxers or perms no more im all natural now.
Honestly each hair texture is different. Each amount of sweating out the perm or new growth varies from individual to individual...so to ask this you are going to get a variety of responses. If new growth appears..... relax the roots. I have to do mine every 4-5 weeks.
I have to do it every month, also. My hair grows quickly and thick so about three weeks after a relaxer my hair is horribly nappy at the roots.





Dr. Miracles is great for this. The relaxers are gentle yet they work. If I can't get that I'll use the Soft and Beautiful Botanicals relaxers just as quickly.





Kiddie Perms have the exact same chemicals as adult perms and don't go for ';super perms'; either. Use a good brand and their gentlest forumula until you figure out what works for your hair.
i get my hair done every otehr 2 months and i ge tit done at a sloan and if you get your hair done at the salaon you should be fine,yea when my roots come in it hurts my scapl too lol
I texturized my daughters hair after two months...but it was a mild relaxer...its not good to do it under 3 months...now i am going to wait until all this relaxed hair on her head grows out
you really shouldn't relax your hair every month it can cause it to fall out. my friend use to get a relaxer eveytime she saw new growth and just about all of her hair fell out. if you get it at a salon it should be okay; however that gets expenisve. when i had relaxed hair and my new growth came in i did rollersets (my hair grows about an inch a month), i got my touch up every 2-3 months

No comments:

Post a Comment