Saturday, January 23, 2010

Is it ok to use hair relaxers in pregnancy? i am 4 weeks pregnant?

No its not ok to use hair relaxer, being pregnant is irrelevant. people are so chemical mad, its in their food, on their skin, just give it a rest already.Is it ok to use hair relaxers in pregnancy? i am 4 weeks pregnant?
I was told -when I was expecting my son that I could not perm-or color my hair because the chemicals could absorb thur the skin and harm my fetus--so I would say no . better yet ask your doctor--or go on line to a ask an M.D. site get a free answer YOUR CHILDS SAFETY IS WORTH IT. by the way congradulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





note: your child is going thru a lot of developmental changes during the 1st trimester(3 months) any chemical exposure would be unwiseIs it ok to use hair relaxers in pregnancy? i am 4 weeks pregnant?
I'm 6 weeks pregnant and I wanted to color my hair last week but I saw online that it is better not to do that. color, perm or use of any chemicals that you really don't need right now. And when I think about it I feel that they are right about it cause it is not an emergency...
I looked into having my hair chemically straightened whilst pregnant, but was told that the hormones are likely to make the product react badly, and that the fumes from the chemicals are not suitable for pregnant people. I would double check with a salon, or invest in some electrical straighteners.
The chemicals are pretty nasty but they will only burn your scalp if applied badly. I don't think that they will get into your bloodstream or anything like that so I'd say their is no risk to your pregnancy.
Straighteners? Sure why not. If you mean chemicals of some sort, then they're probably best avoided x

No comments:

Post a Comment