Friday, January 22, 2010

I am a black woman with really damaged hair from heat and relaxers. What can i do to have health hair.?

Ok,I think you've got enough product recommendation so far,so I'll just add this,keep in mind that hair grows from the INSIDE of our body,not the ends...so on that note,you can do alot to improve your future growth,start taking a daily multi-vitamin,a Biotin supplement(2,500 mgs a day is best),and Omega 3,6,%26amp;9 Complex daily,and a hair/skin/nail formula daily,do not worry about ';overdose';,as these are all safe to take in combination,and the B Vitamins are all water soluble meaning whatever your body does not use,it will expell via the urine.





Also increase your protien intake,as hair is made up of actual protien/keratin,so get your meat,milk,eggs,fish,nuts,ect.All of this will change not only the health of your hair,but increase your maxium growth rate/speed





You can do scalp massage in the shower daily(5 minutes) while shampooing,this will stimulate circulation/growth/scalp health.





Look into using Loreal's new line EVERPURE,it is SULFATE-FREE,meaning NO harsh chemicals/sulfates that are used in 98% of our current shampoos.





Also,try Googling for the LONG HAIR CARE FORUM,this is a forum of black women who are all growing out NATURAL long hair,most of them have stopped using relaxers,ect and are getting good results,they are educated girls,you can post questions/get/give answers and study thru the forum for TONS of great tips on caring for black hair,and the best products for black hair,they stay away from anything with Mineral Oil,Pertroleum,ect.I am a black woman with really damaged hair from heat and relaxers. What can i do to have health hair.?
Cut away any damaged, thin, weak ends. It just has to go.


Always use moisturizing/conditioning shampoos - never clarifying. Also focus on shampoo just at the roots unless your hair is styled heavily with gels and pomades, which you should avoid if they are alcohol based.


Porosity control by Roux can help bring your hair back to a normal pH, then apply deep conditioners starting at your ends and work up.


Try not to heat style unless sitting under a hair dryer- roller set/flat wrap.


Moisturize your hair nightly from your earlobe down to the ends so you don't weigh hair down and lose body at the roots.


Then there is the internal healthy diet, multivitamins, massage the scalp regularly to stimulate growthI am a black woman with really damaged hair from heat and relaxers. What can i do to have health hair.?
wear corn rolls to grow your hair rapidly and start over. It will take some time but I cut my hair down to my scalp in hopes of getting dreads...my hair didn't stay so I wore cornrolls for the past 2 years and grew my hair all the way down to my breast. I then made the decision of what to do with my hair from there





I personally dont put relaxers in my hair anymore because my hair is wonderful long and natural...I love my long bushy ponytail and I use Dr. Miracle products to keep it healthy. If I chose to perm my hair again (which I wont) my hair would be all the way down my back, kudos, corn rolls...thats your best bet
Hopefully, you've made a commitment to stop damaging your hair? So, stop using heat and relaxers.





It could take some time for your hair to heal, but you have to be consistent with the products you use and use them regularly. Just remember that you won't see results overnight and it could take a year or more to bring your hair to optimum health, depending on how damaged it is.





I don't know what your hair is like right now. I don't know you're still relaxing. I don't know if there's constant breakage. I don't know what products you use or what you do to your hair on a weekly/daily basis. Knowing these things can help others give you detailed help.





I do suggest you start using expensive salon brand products. Those products are superior to their cheap drugstore brand counterparts. Visit some hair message boards to get advice on how to get your hair in healthy condition. I do suggest you use sulfate-free conditioners and shampoos. They are less harsh on your hair and won't dry it out. Look into a process called cowashing and start doing that regularly. Cowashing is when you wash with conditioner only. This doesn't mean you shouldn't use shampoo, it means you should don't have to shampoo often, maybe once a week and cowash twice a week. According to Andre Walker, Oprah's hairstylist, healthy hair is clean and moisturized. He suggests washing 1-2 times a week. Coincidentally, he also recommends using the most expensive products you can afford.





http://www.motowngirl.com


http://forum.blackhairmdia.com


http://www.nappturality.com


http://www.longhaircareforum.com
Give yourself hot oils treatments %26amp; deep creme conditioners. If you have a hood dryer sit under the dryer with the creme conditioner in it for 10 mins. Keep your hair oiled for tea tree oil/olive oil. Keep your ends clipped. Use rollers instead of curlers to add body to your hair. Also, consider going natural.
if you dont want relaxers anymore im assuming that you want to go natural, you can do this either two ways you can transition with braids or some other form of protecting styles, or you can do the BC; BIG CHOP
u could try putting in some olive oil in ur hair it sounds kinda gross but olive oil really makes your hair shinier and longer
I would suggest cut the ends every 6 weeks. Do weekly conditioner treatments, take soy protein and herbal multivitamin, I get mine at www.shopherbalife.com/dietmagic


hope this helps :)
You should go to Sally's Beauty Supply and get the Cholesterol hair mask. My friend has ethnic hair and it works very well for her.
use argan oil. I bought mine from sally beauty supply





I been using for 1 1/2 and I have noticed different in my hair texture. It made it more smooth, soft and heal some damage...
What is health hair.?
mizani is a really good product to use.
u should try garnier shampo and conditioner

No comments:

Post a Comment