Friday, January 22, 2010

My hair is breaking off, would me stop getting relaxers gelp my hair grow?

also, I do not want to walk around with kinky hair, i was thinking of wearing braids or twist until my hair gets healthy, any other suggestions, will braids break the hairMy hair is breaking off, would me stop getting relaxers gelp my hair grow?
Do you have a cosmetologist? I would definitely go for a free consultation at least. It would be hard for me to guess why your hair is breaking off, it could be due to stress or any other factor. Check with a professional, braids is always an option and helps hair to grow. It is good in my opinion to take a break from relaxers...Good Luck and God BlessMy hair is breaking off, would me stop getting relaxers gelp my hair grow?
Are you using home relaxers or going to the salon?


I ask because, my friend was having really bad damage to her hair from the home relaxer, then she started going back to the salon to get her hair done and it looked so much healthier. It still broke off though...





Also if you apply heat to your hair a lot, always use a heat protectant. That same friend was complaining about how bad her hair was breaking off, and I suggested she use a heat protectant on her hair and she said it's gotten a whole lot better, her hair looks better too.





So the long way of answering is a relaxer is a chemical, it damages your hair, making it more fragile to styling so yes, your hair could become better over time if you stop. But the problem there is, yes your roots will get kinky. My problem with braids %26amp; twists is that it pulls the hair which isn't good either, but I've heard good results from braiding. Maybe you can find some more natural options? I don't know how long your hair is, but try consulting a stylist for more options.
Sorry to hear about your demise. You would need to answer a few questions before I could give you the best answer.


How often you apply a relaxer to your hair?


Do you deep condition on a weekly basis?


Do you keep your scalp clean, and your hair moisturized?





Have you thought about growing out the relaxer and applying a texturizer? I spot a texturizer and love it. You could visit my blog for pictures of texturize hair. In addition, you will find healthy ways to take care of your hair.





http://beautystaples.blogspot.com/





Years ago I spotted braids after I cut my hair nape length. I almost hated braids but after spotting it for months, my hair grew so much during that period. I don't think that braids are responsible for breaking hair, it is poor management of the braids.eg, lack of moisturizing, and braiding too tightly. Good luck and feel free to ask any questions on my blog.
You are relaxing your hair too often. What I do is stretch my relaxers to every 3 months. You are over processing your hair because it too much of the chemicals. I have a hair web site for you. This gives you techniques that you can use to aid the growth of your hair with the products you already use. http://healthytextures.typepad.com/
Yes too many relaxers will ruin your hair. You need to work with what you naturally have.

No comments:

Post a Comment