Friday, January 22, 2010

What is the best hair relaxer for african american hair?

i want to relax my hair and it seems like i have tried everything and nothing works well.


i have tried motions (everyone reccomends it) and that did almost nothing. I have real thick hair and its real curly. i need some good products that will help me out. i have gotten it done professionally but it was kinda expensive and the salon was far away. i really need some help please!What is the best hair relaxer for african american hair?
Motions is terrible! Basicially any brand of relaxer that you can buy in a Sally Beauty Supply or drugstore will damage the crap out of your hair and won't make it shiny and healthy looking.





Always get your hair done professionally if you want to have long, healthy, shiny straight hair. Also, just because a salon does relaxers, doesn't mean they're GOOD at doing relaxers. Finding a good salon that does quality relaxers is very hard - it's been my hardest challenge every time I have moved to a new city.





In my experience, the best salons usually use Affirm or Mizani relaxers. I prefer Affirm, but Mizani has a new Butter Blend relaxer that is also very very good! Dudley's is also a high quality relaxer (but not used by many salons). I've heard PhytoSpecific (all natural, no chemical) is an excellent relaxer as well, but it is very hard to find a salon does does these since it's so new.





Always remember that the skill of the person applying a relaxer is just as important, if not more important, than the brand of the relaxer! Whenever I change salons I actually watch the stylist apply a relaxer on someone else's hair before I'll let them apply a relaxer to my hair - this is something I've learned after spending hundreds of dollars on deep conditioning treatments and finally chopping my hair off because of one bad stylist relaxer application (by a terrible stylist) several years ago.





Finally, relaxing is expensive! If you want gorgeous hair, expect to pay for it. Depending on where you live this can cost $60-$200+ every 6-10 weeks. If you want to save money, maybe become best friends with a highly skilled stylist!!What is the best hair relaxer for african american hair?
Nothing is wrong with MOTIONS Relaxer when it is applied professionally. Actually it was only allowed to be bought by professionals for the first few years of it's production. I have used it since it came out off and on. But Now am a faithful user of Motions Lye Relaxer Professionally applied.

Report Abuse



Hi!I used motions relaxer for kids like a month ago (May).Motions did nothing but make my hair really curly and wavy.I'm guessing it's because I left it in for like 2 minutes because my scalp was burning badly.I had applied the relaxer the wrong way and too soon.Anyways,A good no-lye relaxer I recommend is doo gro relaxer (super is what I use to use).I no longer use it because I'm going natural.I have heard good things about phytospecific hair relaxers.This relaxer is expensive but I've seen good testimonies.If you want to avoid chemicals all together try a good flat iron like Sedu Ionic Flat Iron.I hope this help.
maybe u dont leave your relaxers on for long enough because i have really think hair 2 and motions does work..ur probably not leaving it on long enough and u cant scratch b4 u get a relaxer or it will burn like he!!( u do know that rite?) so next time u get motions leave it on longer..bcuz i know 4 sure that it works.
Use a flattening shampoo and conditioner to start off and then leave it cream/serum


Shampoo/Conditioner: http://www.shinygloss.tv/Sunsilk_anti%20鈥?/a>





And: Schwarzkopf Osis X-Tra Flat Balm ';New Name - Slick Flattening Liquid';
my friend uses that main n tail stuff on her african american lil sis, and it seems to work pretty nicely
use a diaper rag
  • lotion cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment