Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Is there any way to undo the effects of a hair relaxer?

I relaxed my hair last year and I hate it. I don't want to cut it all off, I hate short hair and I don't want braids. Is there any way to get some of the natural curls back to the relaxed hair so as not to lose length while transitioning back to natural hair. My hair grows very slowly which means that it would take years before it's shoulder length again.Is there any way to undo the effects of a hair relaxer?
no i dont think so


and your hair dosnt grow slow its just thats its breaking off so your not seeing the length


( =Is there any way to undo the effects of a hair relaxer?
Unfortunately, no. An alternative would be to do ';braid outs'; which would give the apearance of waves in your relaxed and natural hair. The Kiwi Coconut Har Smothie from Mineral Indulgence is really good for transitioning hair and braid outs. I actually use this product so that my daughter would retain length in her transition...it worked quite nicely, so it may be ideal for you. I know a lot of the products are marketed towards black women who are transitioning and are trying to go natural. I'd advise you to ask them if you need help, also you should take biotin and invest in a scalp conitioner with essential oils and herbs as well as do hot oil treatments and protein treatments. This would also help you retain length as well as keep your hair nice and healthy.





http://mineralindulgence.com/
No unfortunately, and you'd be surprised how fast your hair will grow when you take care of it. If you're going natural then there'll be a lot less processing on the natural hair, and you could have the length back in a year or so, not years. If you don't want to cut it, then keep it in styles that will protect the hair while its growing out like braids, or up dos
when i when with my friend to get hers done it only lasted for about a week...stop getting it done if ur continueing, and after a shower dont brush it!!(brush it when its dry)
a relaxer is a permanent process, you cannot get the curl back.

No comments:

Post a Comment