Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What are the Pros and Cons in getting a hair relaxer?

Should you relax your hair or color it first? How much time should you wait before you do the other?What are the Pros and Cons in getting a hair relaxer?
Like Rosey said, it better to relax your hair before you put any highlights or color so that it looks awesomely fresh, and will retain and maintain the color for a lot longer than if you color then relax. And yes!, air drying for me also tends to have a better effect on my hair than blow-drying it all the time. Some times it may come out slightly frizzy, but all I do it take my 3/4 in flat iron and slide it across my hair for a few seconds and BAM!! you have beautiful, bouncy and maintained hair!! Try it I promise you won't be disappointed.








My bad! I forgot to include the con's! Well, I personally feel for me that the downside of relaxing your hair is that it starts to thin your hair over a due period of time. What I would suggest is that you perhaps do your relaxer @ a seasonal time. For instance, in the winter you could go natural! Just let your perm grow out and go to a beautician or just keep it washed and conditioned. There are a few products you can use for a natural look that are not as harmful as relaxer chemicals. And if you are a person who likes braided styles, then I suggest wearing braids during the course of the winter, let you hair grow out, keep it washed and conditioned and then when summertime comes back around and you want to show off all that beautiful hair that you have grown over the winter, then relax it, get it trimmed to get rid of any split-ends or rough edges and you will look great!!!What are the Pros and Cons in getting a hair relaxer?
I live in Florida and I love relaxing my hair. We tend to have alot of bad hair days here by relaxing it it keeps it in check and when it air dries it keeps it shape for a lot longer. I wait at least 2 weeks after perming before coloring. Ps your color lasts longer as well.
Trust me i wouldnt do it, i was going to last year went to a proper good hairdressers %26amp; he said not to because it dont need doing..now my hairs beyond belief when washed %26amp; blowdryed..when straightend with ghd's its crazy to think how it goes (Huge,Frizzy,Feels like straw ect.) he said that it recks your hair %26amp; that it's gotta be done on virgin hair i.e not colured. Personally i wouldnt go for it.
always relax first, then color. some relaxers will also allow you to use a demi-color on the same day as the relaxer...but ONLY let your stylist do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment