Monday, January 18, 2010

Any1 tried natural hair relaxers?

I want to get my hair straightened again after going without for 4yrs. Now my Afro hair is depressing me and I need to get it straight again but don't want to use a chemical one as I'm scared I'll get alopecia. Anyhow after some searching I found this website about Natural relaxers like the BodipHier but don't want to waste cash if it ain't that good. Any advice/Any1 tried it b4???Any1 tried natural hair relaxers?
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A ';NATURAL'; RELAXER! THAT'S JUST TRICKY WORDING THOSE COMPANY EXEC'S USE TO REEL YOU IN TO BUY THIER PRODUCT! IF IT'S WHITE AND YOU HAVE TO MIX 2 OR MORE SUBSTANCES ITS GOT A MILLIONS CHEMICALS IN IT!





RESPECT YOUR HAIR AND IT WILL GROW LONGER THAN YOU HAVE EVER IMAGINED...TRY TO STICK TO SIMPLE AND REAL NATURAL PRODUCTS, LIKE VIRGIN OLIVE OIL...CURLY,WAVY,KINKY HAIR IS BEAUTIFUL AND IT WILL GROW BUT IT NEEDS PLENTY OF OXYGEN AND MOISTURE TO BE HEALTHY AND THOSE PERMS ONLY STRIP YOUR HAIR OF THESE THINGS...





I TRULY HOPE THAT ONE DAY YOU WILL SEE YOUR NATURAL HAIR AS BEAUTIFUL AND NOT AS ';DEPRESSING';....Any1 tried natural hair relaxers?
I just started the transition phase. www.motowngirl.com talks about natural relaxers to help with the transtion(i'm considering it). natural relaxer is all herbal stuff, but it doesn't work like the regular stuff used to. It loosens your natural curl over a period of time, not instantly.

Report Abuse



That's a shame as you'll never have hair that's healthier, longer and more scalp-friendly than the hair you're born with. I can sympathise, as I have v. tightly curled afro hair which I've kept natural to grow long. My solution has been to just not fight the curl anymore and it seems to be working as I've found a routine.





It's impossible for anything to transform afro hair without intense heat or chemicals I'm afraid - you just have to choose one. I'm sure you wouldn't get alopecia if you do a strand test, etc.





DON'T DO IT!. If you do, good luck and I hope it goes well for you.
I've never tried them, but there's no such thing as a natural relaxer. It's not natural, because whatever you do, you are altering the natural state of your hair. Try a press. You can press your hair every 2-3 weeks and when you're tired of the straight look, just wash and it will revert to the afro. Good luck!
Go to your hairsylist or you can use precise made form the makers of the affirm professional products its no lye and a conditioning relaxer. my family used it for years not taking away your thickness but gets you relaxed and shinning
I don't know anything about natural relaxers, but if you want that relaxed look without the chemicals use the Chi system. Its the products by Farouk, they wash and dry it with those specific products and then they Chi flat iron your hair. (has to be the Chi flat iron, I don't find imitations to have the same effect) I swear people have it done and you don't know their hair isn't relaxed if its done properly. Good luck.
Try a herbalist they may have something %26amp; its 100 per cent natural.Goodluck
me
Ive never heard of it although I would try it out if it were genuine. But on the other hand , anything that would be strong enough to straighten hair most likely has some sort of chemicals or the other.


I know what you mean about the effect of chemical straighners on the hair but I really have no choice. Ive been thinking of getting an afro myself but its so much trouble to manage.


Good luck.
I betcha someone has...
i havent tryed it but usley stuff on tv and on the internet dont work.=) so i wouldn't try it if i was you. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment