Thursday, January 14, 2010

How effective are hair relaxers, really?

I want to get a relaxer on my hair, stronger than mild but not something that's going to fry it. I'm biracial; my hair has more African-American characteristics, but as I am not fully African-American, neither is my hair. How effective will a medium-strength relaxer be on my hair, especially in keeping it from going back to its normal state when it is wet?


Thanks!How effective are hair relaxers, really?
Go and have it done by a pro, because if you do it by yourself you could fry it, I did :( along time ago, and because you have african-american you should have it done by a pro anyways. You could try putting a perm in your hair that might straighten it because that does work with african-american hair. Try it if you want, but either way I would at least talk to a pro before doing anything to it.How effective are hair relaxers, really?
a medium relaxer left on your hair the prescribed length of time will make your hair straight. It will not curl back up when wet. If you want straight hair that will revert blow it out and flat iron.
it will definetly straighten any ones hair if done correctly. I agree that you should go to a professional though. A relaxer can be very drying and you will have to keep your hair more moisturized. Use a lye relaxer, it is less drying. I've heard good things about phytospecific relaxer, but it is kind of expensive.
  • pores
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment