Monday, January 18, 2010

Could relaxers have damaged my hair over time?

My hair is really damaged and short in the back and around the sides.It will not grow and I dont know what else to do,I've tried conditioning my hair but thats not working.I only have a decent length on the top.I'm going to a salon this week to see what they say but now I'm really insecure about my look.Does anyone have any advice or had a similiar experience.Please.any advice would be appreciated!Could relaxers have damaged my hair over time?
Yes, relaxers damage hair. It doesn't mater who does it, you can get a relaxer done by a professional and it will STILL do some degree of damage to your hair. A relaxer alters the natural condition of your hair using unhealthy chemicals, therefore it DOES harm your hair. You need to refrain from using relaxers if at all possible. Use homemade hot oil tratments on your hair to get your hair healthy again, and use all natural hair products.





Good Luck!





BTW: Feel free to email me if you need natural hair care recipes that will help your hair become healthy again. Could relaxers have damaged my hair over time?
This is one of the reasons I went natural. My hair kept breaking off at the top of my head, mostly due to neglect and not the perm, plus I hated my scalp burning to the point that I was in tears from the perm. Eventually, I decided not to get a perm and to just get it all cut off at the new growth in order to go natural. My scalp feels much better now, plus my hair is growing fast, just like it did when my hair was healthy and permed. I've had healthy hair with a perm, but you have to keep it up and take good care of it. Talk over your hair regimen with your beautician to see if there is something you're doing or not doing to keep your hair healthy - if you want to continue perming your hair. Remember that you can always go back to your natural texture, but you eventually have to get rid of all the chemically treated hair. It might be time for you to start seeing a professional on a regular basis so that your hair gets healthy again, if you're not already doing so. Good luck.
yes relaxers aren't good for your hair, especially if you're applying them yourself. the box kits that you purchase at drug stores all contain calcium that is very drying to the hair. they are design for you to apply them every 4-6 weeks and that's too soon for an relaxer application. what I would suggest to you is to consider getting a haircut but find a picture of a haircut that you think is nice and take it to a salon that way your stylist can get an idea of how you want your hair. there's really not much to do but get your haircut....good luck.
If you have been getting your hair relaxer from a discount store and doing it yourself, then I'm sure it has damaged it over time.





Relaxers are for a professional to perform.





Have the stylist suggest something for your hair that will make it feel better.
Yes Relaxers and know for that expertly if you do them your self and get off the shelf relaxers kits i get mine done at the salon
Relaxers have been said to damage your hair, yes.



Any form of Chemical will have negative effects on your hair

No comments:

Post a Comment