Monday, January 18, 2010

Are natural relaxers really better for your hair?

Im black and lately i've just been going to the salon to get my hair braided but i really want to just be able to take care of my own hair. But I'd like straight hair. I hate my own hair but I used to get it relaxed and i loved it but I let it grow out too much and it began to break off and my hair grows slowly. I try to flat iron it but it only works sometimes because my hair is so coarse. Is there a relaxer that wont damage my hair too much?


Any adviceAre natural relaxers really better for your hair?
All relaxers do damage to some degree. I have a relaxer now but I'm attempting to go natural with daily deep conditions. I don't know what area you live in but in Philadelphia we have many Dominican Salons and they work wonders on your hair without a relaxer. See if you can find one in your area, I promise you'll be pleased with the results.Are natural relaxers really better for your hair?
hey i was just looking around for natural hair care things and i saw some natural relaxer the was made with clay? maybe you can try that, you have to use it with water ill give you the site!~





http://www.treasuredlocks.com/natural-he…
Well I really don't think a NATURAL RELAXER exists. If it does(like the person with the link suggested) it will not be permanent, like a real relaxer.





I know MANY ladies recommend the Phyto relaxer but it is very expensive. BUT it is also the most gentle REAL relaxer on market. It has the lowest pH and comes with products to protect pre-relaxed hair.





http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/…





but there are also SEVERAL ladies who claim that it was not strong enough to get their straight.
well perms are not good for your hair at all if their natural or not because they still have chemicals in them that harm you hair. but if you keep your hair conditioned and your ends trimmed and you scalp is oiled then you shouldnt have much of a problem. and dont scratch your hair or comb it to rough for a few days before your perm
I'm sorry to say, there is no such thing as a NATURAL RELAXER. All relaxers are Chemical Based or they won't work. However, you can get a good gentle relaxer that won't damage and break your hair. Check with friends and relatives who have had this done with an at-home kit to see how difficult it is and how well they liked it. Or check web discussion sites for black or ethnic hair.





Hope This Helps.


Good-Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment