Thursday, January 14, 2010

Do African American hair relaxers work for Asians?

I want to relax my hair so that it can be straight, but I want to know if the ones in the stores that sell for black people also work for asians.Do African American hair relaxers work for Asians?
It seems that the relaxer would be too strong. I am part asian, being that I was told that it would damage my hair and that the salon people who did put it in my hair at one time was afraid that my hair would fall out. I'm thinking it may be a little too strong if you used it.. There may be other products out there that may give you the straight effect I'm sure of it. It's just risky if you used those type of relaxers on your own.Do African American hair relaxers work for Asians?
I don't think so. I know that there are hair products made especially for both types of hair because if you use the wrong type of product it will fry the hair. (I have a friend from Japan and she told me that she had color done and it fried her hair because it was more for caucasian hair - and she would never make that mistake again.) I would definitely ask a GOOD hair dresser; either that or call the customer care phone number on a hair product made specifically for Asian hair and ask them.
It would depend on the type of hair you have.





If you have fine hair like the Orientals, I think, it won't work for you.





If you have thick hair, then maybe yes.
only if your hair is the same texture as African American hair. but i have not seen any Asian women with that hair texture, so if i were you i would be careful.
It might, but you probably don't have the right texture of hair, so you'd lose lots in the process. If you want to get it straightened, go to a professional.
You should try going to a Caucasion hair salon and ask about their relaxers. African American relaxers are pretty strong and I'm thinking you have very fine hair, so that want be a good idea to use that type of perm on your hair. Good Luck!
IM HISPANIC BUT I HAVE AFRICAN BLOOD IN ME. so im a little worried that ,that particular relaxer might be too strong.GO FOR MAYBE A japanese RELAXER.
Your hair texture is completely different so I'de say no.
i doubt it very seriously

No comments:

Post a Comment