Monday, January 18, 2010

Do relaxers only work for African American hair?

I have super curly and THICK hair and I was wondering if an at home relaxer will work for me, even though I'm white and don't have ';black'; hair?Do relaxers only work for African American hair?
First of all, please DO NOT use an at-home relaxer on virgin hair (hair that has not been chemically treated)!!!! I wouldn't recommend this to any woman for a first-time chemical treatment!! Take your booty to a stylist and have them properly assess the condition and strength of your hair and scalp, then they will apply the right strength chemical for the desired results and also provide you with maintenance tips for at-home care. Again PLEASE DO NOT USE AN AT-HOME RELAXER TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!Do relaxers only work for African American hair?
like the person above me said, if you have never permed/relaxed/whatever your hair or all of your perm/relaxer/chemical has grown out, go to a salon to get it done. But to more specifially answer your question, a perm/relaxer makes curly hair straight and it should work just fine for you.
African American hair is super strong and can stand up to the harshes chemicals.A relaxer doesnt evenmake the hair straight either so its still got alot of thickness and wave and yes sometimes curl after a relax.Sorry but I would lookinto other chemical straightening techniques.
no it works on anyone.


u shud get it if u really want it cuz i got one and it made my my hair look way better cuz it wasnt as curly anymore :l
your hair will ook perfect and you can add tracks to make it look better long and stright or short and curly whatever
It can be used on any type of hair.
I'm sure it would work. No harm in trying...

No comments:

Post a Comment