Thursday, January 14, 2010

How do you feel about black women getting hair weaves and relaxers?

I KNOW other women do the same but they don't depend on it as much as black women.How do you feel about black women getting hair weaves and relaxers?
If they like it then they should do it. All women need to do what makes them feel beautiful.How do you feel about black women getting hair weaves and relaxers?
People of all races are doing chemical straightening (same as relaxing) and using extensions (same as weaves) in huge numbers.





Used to be something mainly celebs did but it's been something mainstream for a pretty long time now.





It's been perfected and made available to the masses and they're using them often, whether it's at home or at salons.





Lots of other races spend an hour or more every morning on their hair for straightening alone. I'd kinda say white women and every shade in between have caught up to black women when it comes to time devoted to hair =o)
I know that relaxers and weave can put some ease on their hair and they can look good. However, the stuff slowly cause apparent damage and does not make their hair grow and it gets thinner by the minute unless they take cautious care of their hair. It varies within how much chemical damage is caused by relaxers.





This is why my friend opted for the natural look cause it's more healthy than when she had relaxed hair.
the funny thing is we don't depend on it.it just is more obvious when some of us do it,or people have the mind frame that we can't have nice hair so they may think a woman's hair is fake when its actually real.and its just the way some of us were raised.lol from day one you're taught your hair is your pride.i once heard someone say ';hair to a black woman is what weight is for a white woman';.I'm not into stereotypes but in the end that's what it seems.to comment on what someone said about jamaican women being the most natural with their that's not true.AT ALL!!!I am west indian (bajan) and jamaican women love their weave and make up,its popular for their women to bleach their skin.(thats not to bash jamaicans,just a bit of info)and to my knowledge lauren hill isnt jamaican
Hey why not?





I've heard many black women complain that their hair is nappy, hard to manage, and take very long to grow.





So if they can fix that by getting a weave or a relaxer, they should go for it! Don't we all have the right to be beautiful, hair and all? Everyone wants pretty hair, no matter what we have to do to get it that way.
I'm a black guy who grew up with black women. They usually do depend on it to a large extreme and it always annoyed me. I like girls who let their hair be natural, and sexy it up naturally. Not condition the h*ll out of it.





Jamacian girls tend to be more natural with their hair. Cute dreads, cute girly braids, I love it.





Like Lauren Hill - http://vibesource.files.wordpress.com/20鈥?/a>





I wish more black chicks in America would do their hair to be more naturally cute and feminine like hers.





EDIT: bajanbrazilianbombshel... - First let me say that you are absolutely right that Lauren Hill is not Jamaican. The fact that she's married to Rohan Marley, (4th son of Bob Marley), and flavors a lot of her style with Jamaican elements, and does her hair up in dreads like many Jamaican's do, I figured she was Jamaican. My point is still very clear that because she bases her look on influence from Jamaica, she wears dreads and does another things to her appearance that is very different than from what many American black girls do.





Secondly, clearly not all Jamaican girls wear their hair naturally. Not all white girls keep their hair straight. Some white girls like to put it in dreads, but that is a very small number in comparance. Same with Jamaican women. Some will put in weave, etc. My point is more often than not, black women over there wear their hair more naturally than black women in America.





Lastly, you said, ';the funny thing is we don't depend on it.it just is more obvious when some of us do it';. Riiiight. Try living where I've lived and tell me that again. You say your west indian. Unless you lived in the hood like me for 18 years, how can you even have a real opinion on it? If you have, then I'm not sure where your from to think many black women don't do this.
I don't think about it. However, if having a certain hair style makes this particular lady happier, sexier and less self conscious, I am happy for her. As a female I can completely understand how she feels. After all, we are not that different.
Black women often have very course and hard to manage hair. This stuff is just a part of the ever changing fashion trend. There have been leaps and bounds in the technology. I am happy more options have opened up for them. :)
It saves lives
I really don't mind what other people do with their hair. I don't actually know what weaves and relaxers are lol





Harriet
It doesn't matter to me either way. If they want to do so to make their hair more manageable, or more attractive [to their eyes], so be it.
If they think they look good that's all that matters.
I could really care less, and I hope they feel the same way about my hair.
It looks really cool. But I guess if it's not your hair I honestly don't understand it. Why would you want to put others hair on your head?
i don't really care. it's their hair.
  • pores
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment