Thursday, January 14, 2010

How well do at-home hair relaxers work?

I have naturally wavy hair that's pretty fine [i have around 3 layers], %26amp;%26amp; I dyed it a few months ago at-home, also. With the help of a straightening balm %26amp;%26amp; a tourmaline straightener at 365 degrees, my hair usually stays straight all day, unless it's particularly humid outside - then my natural waves like to take over the ends of my hair.





I'm thinking about using a no-lye at-home relaxer on my hair [I trust myself more than I do a salon] %26amp;%26amp; I'm wondering how well it will work?





I've only seen one person personally that has had her thick ringlet-curly hair relaxed %26amp;%26amp; it still turned out to be a little less wavy than mine is naturally.





Will it keep my hair straight no matter what, even in humidity, or is it a lost cause?





Thanks. :]How well do at-home hair relaxers work?
OK. You have colored your own hair and now you want to relax it yourself too? Back away from the chemicals! It is worth it to go to a professional if you want to keep the hair on your head. It will last for months and go to someone who has a good reputation. Or get the Maxiglide that gives wonderful results and not all the damage. The products that go with it are really great. It is not permanent but it will last a week. Hang in there, be patient and beautiful hair is worth it!! Good luck any way you go.How well do at-home hair relaxers work?
They work just fine so long as you know what you are doing. I would go with a non-lye relaxer. I recommend Dudley's. If however you are not sure what you are doing you may fry your hair and even worse, your scalp and require medical attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment