Thursday, January 14, 2010

I am so sick of hair relaxers, but I like the look of straight hair. I need a good flat iron that really ?

works on Thick, african-american hair. Any suggestions?I am so sick of hair relaxers, but I like the look of straight hair. I need a good flat iron that really ?
I have one of those amikas. I really like it. I take a shower at night and sometimes my hair is pretty bad when I wake up but I just take the flat iron to it and its perfect in like 6 minutes.I am so sick of hair relaxers, but I like the look of straight hair. I need a good flat iron that really ?
I really like CHI flat irons, but if you can't afford one, a good flat iron is one with ceramic plates rather than metal plates. Ceramic plates heat evenly and won't create hot spots that can burn your hair. Also any flat iron that has tourmaline is good, because tourmaline adds a sheen to the hair. Some of the best and most expensive flat irons have both tourmaline and ceramic plates.
look into tree braids. find someone who can do the majority of your hair in tree braids and get hair that blends in well with your flat-ironed hair. part your hair how you are going to want it to look when it is straight, and with the flat ironing thing, you could braid up the part you will do the tree braids on and then have a stylist straighten the hair that is out. go to a salon and get a rollerset first and then have them blow it out. the dominican salons will do it best because they do something to the blowdryers that make it crazy hot. after you get that done, they will usually flat iron it for you. add a serum, something with silicones in it, after that should keep it from getting poofy a little longer. all of this is pretty damaging to your hair so most ppl with healthy hair only do this maybe 3 or 4 times a year. just using a flat iron won't last long if you have really tight curls/kinks.
Definitely invest in a CHI iron. You can get one online or from a beauty salon. They usually carry a few.





CHI irons are the best of their kind. They can cost about $130, but considering the effect, you couldn't make a better investment. Your hair will stay straight for a few days with minor touch ups, unless it gets wet or something.





Be sure to use a styling protection product when straightening your hair. Get a recommendation for your hair type when you next visit the salon.
You need a ceramic flat iron. It will do the least damage to your hair versus a metal one.





The Chi is expensive, and you can fine a rival one in your local beauty supply store for $20-40 cheaper.
Save up your money... Request gift certificates from relitaves for your birthday to a salon supply store... SPEND THE MONEY ON AN EXPENSIVE IRON.





Cost doesn't always = quality but for stuff like this, you really do need to spend a LOT ($100+) to get something that won't just fry your hair and something that will last a long time.








I have VERY VERY curly white-girl hair and evenutally I had to just come to terms with the fact that I can't really use straightening products or irons because they just kill my hair... It sucks but I eventually came to love my natural texture.
CHI, there not cheap but they are good, or an old fashion straightening comb IF AND ONLY if you or some one you trust knows how to use it. Also if you wrap your hair at nite like most of us African American women do, you should only have to do it about every 2-3 week, that's a shorter time that a relaxer but any stylist will tell you that you don't want to put heat to you hair everyday or every other day.....simply not healthy for produce long, strong pretty hair of any kind.
GHDs are the best. they are quite expensive (usually 拢100+) but really worth it- they heat up to really high temperatures really quickly and work well. i use them almost everyday, and it only takes me like 15 mins, when it used to take me 30-40 mins (with really bad straighteners) :)
Chi straighteners work very well on all hair types. They are a bit on the expensive side but they last for a long time.


You can buy them at the Amazon website.
The Chi of course. It's the best and it will make your hair look sleek and straight
CHI straighteners work really well
GHD are the best
idk. but your avatar pic looks great
I do noe ask you hair stylist...but i love you icon picture %26lt;33
no hope for u

No comments:

Post a Comment