Thursday, January 14, 2010

What do you think about black women and hair relaxers?

All it is a perm that straightens their hairWhat do you think about black women and hair relaxers?
how ridiculous. we have perms don't we. i'm sorry but your question sounds very racist!!! i am a white women with plenty black friends. people can have thier hair how they well like!!!What do you think about black women and hair relaxers?
I am white with hair that is so straight it's unbelievable!!!! But I think black women can look really nice with the straight ';European'; hair I mean look at Beyonce!!!!
I am a black woman and have a relaxer. I think it makes my hair easier to manage and helps create more style more easily for my hair.
I say ultimately ';DO YOU'; and what makes you happy. With that said, if you're hair is healthy and you have the funds to maintain a relaxer there is no problem with using that process.





But chemicals of any kind can be harsh and eventually may cause breakage not to mention what is the long use of these chemicals doing inside our scalps.





Many black women who are tired of relaxers and any hair loss have decided to go natural and love the way their hair grows by rocking locs, naturals, etc. Sometimes it's a spirtual journey and other times it's a necessity to grow healthy hair again. But just because your hair is chemicals free doesn't mean that it doesn't need maintaining because it seriously does.





Whatever you choose (or not) just be happy with you. If you want to wear a wig on Monday, a natural on Tuesday it's up to you because as Indie Irie says, ';I am not my hair...';
its all about choice,each to their own.
I don't think much of black women, and I don't really know anything about hair relaxers
i think that it is fine for black women to have hair relaxers because we like to look nice and we have different things in our hair than other races.For example characteristics of white peoples hair is straight, and African Americans hair is curly,thick, and or nappy.that's whay I think that it is ok for black women to have hair relaxers.
I think it is a matter of choice and one's mind set. I am a black girl and i admire white women. I also respect and admire the traditional attire and hair-do of black women. After all, it is our heritage. I also see nothing wrong imitating a white attire or hair-do i also admire. I use relaxers on my hair but i don't see myself as a stooge or a doormat for any white woman.
Please be specific with your question if you want to get a good answer.
i think its nice. I'm not black I'm Spanish my hair is dry and frizzy i do use relaxers and makes my hair stri8 and love it. but with your information other race use them too. (smile)
How can you generalise on such a subject, surely its a matter of personal preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment