Friday, January 15, 2010

Whats the difference between relaxers,Japanese, and Brazilian hair straightening?

i have a weavy/curly /frizzy hair, and i want it straight.





i usually straight it up with hot iron, but it takes too much time and it curls back when the humiduty is high or when it rains.





so i was thinking of getting my hair permanently straight, but i dont know which method is better.





relaxers? Japanese? Brazilian straightening?


which ones better, less demeging and long lasting??Whats the difference between relaxers,Japanese, and Brazilian hair straightening?
Well I am black and spanish so I have super curly hair. I used to use relaxers for years, they just burn the outside shaft of your hair. So it doesn't get straight, it just gets kinda dead and limp so its easier to syle. But relaxers are really for black womans hair.





Brazilian hair straightening kind of works. It never straightened my hair but it made it about 30% easier to straighten. I paid only $200 so I didn't complain. I actually hated the way it made my hair look because it didn't do much. I guess because my hair was too curly to begin with. I decided to wear my hair curly again and my curls looked stiff, ugly and just akward. So then I decided to just decativate it with sodium chloride shampoo (when you have brazilizn straightening you can't use sodium chloride shampoo which is like every shampoo at the pharmacy except some childrens shampoos and herbal African Amercian shampoos). It doesn't really ever completly wash out or deactivate. But now my hair is alot softer and easier to manage. So I recommend the Brazilian straightening for woman with super super curly hair that are looking to soften it. It also does work well on woman with straight hair that just have frizz problems or a mild curl. My stylist used it all the time and plus she bleached her hair blond so her hair was pin straight. The good thing about the Brazilian is that you can dye your hair after wards but you can't with the Japanese hair staightening.





Now my girl friend uses the Japanese straightening system. She is Indian with really thick black hair. But because of the Japanese straightening she just blow dries her hair for 10 minutes and her hair is straight as a bone. I personally like the look of the Japanese straightening but she always complained about getting it done because of up keep.





Getting the Japanese straightening is like a big commitment because you can't dye your hair before or after gettting it done (I dont know what will happen but my girlfriend never dyed her hair it was untouched by any chemicals before she got the Japanese system). Also if you decide you don't like it anymore you have to wait until all your hair grows back in. However with the Brazilian straightening you can just ';deactivate'; with regular pharmacy store shampoo.


The bad thing about the Brazilian straigtening is that it uses formaldhyde (the stuff the use to preserve dead bodies) unless you can find the chocolate brand that doesn't use formaldyde. Before I decided to deactivate my Brazilian I had to sleep with my hair tied up because my boyfriend was allergic to the formaldhyde and broke out in skin hives. Its not cool when you are trying to make kissy face with your boyfriend and he screams at you to tye up your hair before coming within 2 feet of him. But thats the reality of beauty lol. If I where you I would try and search for a Brazilian without formaldyhde ---the ';Brazilian Chocolate System';--- but it's damn near impossible to find (and who knows stylists lie all the time). But I personally like the look of the Japanese straightening better because the hair looks smoother.





Anyway I gave up on all the systems because my hair will never be straightened by just one product alone its way too curly. But good luck on your search.Whats the difference between relaxers,Japanese, and Brazilian hair straightening?
Just so you know you can totally color your hair with Japanese hair straightening and hi-lite etc. The only thing is you can't color 10 days before or 10 days after so that either is not fresh and has time to set. and by the way if you think a hairstylist is lying to you don't go the him or her.

Report Abuse



dont do a relaxer, I've heard about alot of people whos hair falls out after a couple times.


Japanese or other known as thermal hair straightening, its really good, and you only have to go in for touch ups after your hair grows out some.....and it conditions your hair. so it ends up that your hair gets a deep conditioning and a straightening job, but its VERY costly


idk. 'bout the brazilian striaghtening. srry.

No comments:

Post a Comment