Friday, January 15, 2010

Any1 know what the best hair care products are for black hair? I use relaxers so great conditioner are a must?

I'm trying to save money by cutting out the hair dresser. I have the skill but lack the knowledge of the best hair care products. I would also love tips on what types of products stop breakage.....I know I'm asking a lot but your help is greatly appreciated. ThanksAny1 know what the best hair care products are for black hair? I use relaxers so great conditioner are a must?
These are the brands I use, Im pretty sure you will find what you looking for,they have conditioners, shampoos, hair growth treatments, ect





Dr.Miracles-http://www.drmiracles.com/home.php





Softsheen Carson-http://www.softsheencarson.com/_us/_en/i鈥?/a>





Fantasia-http://www.fantasiahaircare.com/index.ht鈥?/a>Any1 know what the best hair care products are for black hair? I use relaxers so great conditioner are a must?
mizani is an excellant line for ethnic hair types! kera care also has some awesome shampoos and conditioners for fortifying, so that would help you out. nothing is gonna stop the breakage, it can just slow it down and prevent it. just making sure you condition it a lot, using a heat protectant if you apply heat and adding enough oils back on to your hair and scalp will help out a lot! good luck!
Sometimes its not the specific brand/product but how you use. These are just my suggestions for healthier at home hair care from facts and pointers I've read and picked up, that I utilize.


Black hair needs moisture to stay healthy and grow long, unfortunately most of the natural moisture (oil) stays only at the root/new growth of hair. The ends that break are dry. Thats why we have to wrap our hair at night in silk/satin, to protect the ends from friction, drying cotton pillow cases and get them closer to the scalp so oils can hopefully permeate. But for serious help you need to apply a moisturizer nightly/bi-nightly. I prefer cream as oppose to oil, but as long as you put it on before bed it'll permeate in overnight so your hair is less weighted down in the morning. I use mizani H20 nitetime, but its pricey $18, but one jar lasted over 4 months using almost every other night on medium length hair. I can get with any brand except maybe pink oil- they have a tendency to make the hair act funny when you stop using them. Try motions marula, shea butter or organic root stimulator products. I concentrate it on my ends first (as the jar usually says), then start working up to the scalp using a little less product. You can't really do this if your hair is freeze styled or in an up do, but in between salon visits with a wrap or roller set this is good.





Myself, my hair is never really dirty cause I generally wear it wraped or body waved, and I use one product to set (Mizani thermasmooth serum), the nitely moisturizer, and maybe oil sheen in the morning before I go out. So really I am cleaning my scalp from dandruff, sweat, natural build up, so when I add shampoo I put it to my scalp first, agitate, then before I rinse spread it down the length of my hair. Now if you wear your hair spritz/geled up, do use more shampoo along the shaft and get the hair clean, but be gentle. I'm using a generic Wen product from sally's with olive oil-no parabens/sulfates, but am looking at carols daughter/phyto. All pricier brands ($10+) but its home use, worth the investment, and I am going into more organic products for personal scalp health. My fav regular shampoos are motions (not oil moisture version) and aphogee. The new phaze shea butter shampoo is good as well- All at sally's.


The conditioner I concentrate on the ends first, like with the nite moisturizer, then work my way up. Always try to get the cap and heat action going, but at least get in 10minutes. I love organic root olive oil replenishment, motions conditioner, paul mitchell supercharged moisturizer, and aphogee reconstructor %26amp; balance moisturizer.


Styling products I am a minimalist, thanks to great natural body. I stick with creams and serums, as oppose to gel and setting lotion. Those, along with spritz (prefer aerosol hold sprays) have alcohol and water which are drying. For most trendier styles they are a must, but I shy away unless a special occassion.


Hope aaaaalllll this info helps, you asked for a lot though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment