Monday, January 18, 2010

Are mild hair relaxers bad for your hair?

All are bad for your hair. Go natural. Natural is more beautiful anyway ;) lolAre mild hair relaxers bad for your hair?
no i get them all the time depends on whos doin it though mom does mineAre mild hair relaxers bad for your hair?
Relaxers are no worse than dying your hair, perming your hair, putting highlights in your hair. All of it is chemicals.





I use a no lye mild relaxer but I'm always sure to put a deep conditioning in after the shampoo process. My hair is healthy and growing. The reason I use mild relaxers is because my hair is finner than normal black hair. My scalp isn't really sensative.





BEAUTY SOLUTIONS





Q: What is the difference between regular, super and mild relaxer strengths?


A: The amount of active chemical (sodium hydroxide or calcium hydroxide) determines the strength of the relaxer. Regular is for most people with normal hair, super for very coarse or resistant hair and mild for fine, damaged or over-porous hair.





http://www.sallybeauty.com/content/faqs/鈥?/a>
Hair relaxers are no worse for your hair than a perm. They are put on your hair and combed through which makes the hair straight. You can do it yourself or have it done professionally. If this is your first time, I'd probably go to the hair stylists'.


P.S. All they really are is perm lotion.
No i just put a straightener on my hair from walmart, over the counter, my hair was permed, and iwas tired of that in between perming look. did fine.
All relaxers are bad for your hair if you use to many. Mild is only for people who scratch or have a sensitive scalp. Its not bad for your hair but its not the best.
the thing is that the chemical used to replace the lye in mild relaxers is more drying so when using those relaxers, it is important to add more moisture as well. i use ';mild'; or no-lye relaxers and use a good moisturizer and my hair is just fine. its actually in better shape than some women who look like they have a few thin strands of hair left on their head after their relaxers. i have been using no-lye for years and my hair is healthy and my scalp has been better off ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment