Monday, January 18, 2010

Which is the most destructive for Black Hair: Flat Irons or Relaxers?

Hey, I'm an athlete, and I'm sick of wearing braids. I want to wear my hair natural. I think flat-ironing my natural hair is the way to go, but I have to keep flat-ironing 2X week. On the other hand, is it more beneficial to relax my hair and then flat iron it? Which is less damaging and more practical? Thanks! :)Which is the most destructive for Black Hair: Flat Irons or Relaxers?
What kind of relaxers are you getting and how often? You should only relax your hair (depending on the coarseness) every 6-8 weeks. If you have nappy hair like mine, then every 4-6 weeks. If you relax too often and flat iron everyday, you would cause damage. Your best bet to maintaining a good flat iron style is to get your hair moisturized before you flat iron it. If you blow dry it, stop blow drying and wrap it before applying the heat of the iron. Cool your hair down to room temp. Add a creme moisturizer or hair dressing to your hair BEFORE you flat iron it in sections. With the hair dressing or creme moisturizer, it will act as a buffer and polisher when heat is applied. Over processing hurts the hair, and putting too much heat will damage the hair.


Don't use a ceramic iron when it's smoking on your hair, and don't turn up an electric flat iron to the highest setting. It will cook your hair.


Hope this helps!Which is the most destructive for Black Hair: Flat Irons or Relaxers?
flat irons


trust me im a professional lol





but relaxers are over 10times the dammage of the advrage iron and over 5 times the price in the long run. Your hair can fall out, it fries it, after about 10 times the advrage woman goes back to weaves since her natural hair is horrific by then.





flat irons can do very little dammage if you do it right. use a smoothing serum and a good ceramic iron. 2 times a week its nothing. I do mine once a day....


lol





but do not relax pls.


i know im white - what do i know...


but i do this as a job and alot of my clients are african american
if you dont use proper prep then flat irons, i used Bumble and bumble lotion before i straighten my hair so it keeps it from damaging it too much. If you do use proper prep then definitely relaxing it...the more chemicals you put in your hair the worse off its gonna be.
GET A PERM
flat irons
flat irons are pretty bad, but typical relaxers can be too.





before you damage your hair with a typical relaxer I highly recommend you check this site out, my friend had very damaged hair (from blow drying then flat ironing everyday) and her hair was in better condition afterwards than it was before we used it...


http://www.freshlookhair.com/bodiphier.h鈥?/a>
I'd say flat irons for the burn. A lot of relaxers are more moisture enriched and strengthening then they used to be. But if my hair was less curly (it's very coarse), I'd probably flat iron it so as to not get rid of the curls, and I'd make sure my hair was very moisturized.
RELAXERS!!! they fried my hair up i had to SHAVE IT ALL
I had to respond to your question especially since we are avatar twins (lol). I'll start off by saying that I wear my hair natural (Sisterlocks). Prior to that, I wore braids %26amp; twists for years in between relaxers. For the last 6 years, I have been natural (no chemicals).





I decided to lock my hair for many reasons. One of the reasons is because I am physically active and I wanted a hair style that could hold up to persperation and my busy schedule. I chose Sisterlocks because they offer a lot of style versitility. Here's an example:http://www.naturalbeautyboutique.com/





Speaking from personal experience, relaxers are more destructive than flat ironing.





Check out this link to learn more about relaxers:


http://www.nappturality.com/modules/wfse鈥?/a>





Most people go for relaxers because they seem like a quick and easy fix. Slap it on every 6-8 weeks and that's it. Well, it's not that simple.





I hope this info helps. I'll leave you with one more message, to be natural is to truely be free:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UWyiVmWa鈥?/a>
BOOTH HONEY. IM DOMINCAN PR AND BLACK. I NEVER DO EITHER OF THEM. IT REALLY RUINS YOUR HAIR. JUST APPRECIATE THE HAIR GOD GAVE U. AND TREAT IT GOOD
Flat Irons are the best. Especially the CHI ones, though a little expensive they are totally worth it. And they do not damage your hair at all!


This link is very helpful.


http://www.folica.com/brands/chi_2.html?鈥?/a>
Flat ironing would do less damage. Relaxing your hair is really bad for it.
flat irons, it dries your hair and thus you get serious breakage

No comments:

Post a Comment