Friday, May 14, 2010

Allergic breakouts from hair relaxers/conditioners?

Every time I go to my salon to get my hair relaxed and conditioned, my skin breaks out into little bumps on my arms. Usually I scratch them for a day, they go away, I don't think about it until the next time my hair gets done. Well this time, I don't know what was done different, but the itching is downright unbearable. I started with big red bumps on my arms, that spread to my hips, back, feet, and slowly to my face. Could it be the shampoo/conditioner? The relaxer? Should I see a doctor? After showering, the redness went away some, but the itch and the bumps are still there. Help, please!Allergic breakouts from hair relaxers/conditioners?
ok just don't get your hair done with the same stuff. tell the salon worker that you are allergic to something in the conditioner and ask if she has a different kind or maybe bring your own conditioner to use. it has happened to me at home. i am allergic to something that they put in lemon flavored soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment