Friday, May 14, 2010

I need info about hair relaxers!?

I have been straightening my hair for a very long time, and this year I want to get a relaxer put in my hair so I wount have to stress every morning about straightening my hair.


Can you give me as much information as possible about how to care for my hair after I relax my hair, and how many days I have to wait untill I can get my hair wet, and if it damages my hair that much, and should I do it myself or goto a salon.. ect.


Sites that tell me about it would help also, and anything else you think woulod help.





Oh and about how much do you think it would cost to go to a salon and get it done?





Thanks!!I need info about hair relaxers!?
Listen VERY Carefully





DONT GET A RELAXER





get the SEDU straightening iron





whenever you stop apply the perm your hair will break off so you will have to retouch every 6 weeks





Which would you rather





a relaxer and other hair care essentials $25 every 6 weeks forever





or





a SEDU??? ($150)





You just need to get a really good iron and use REDKEN antifrizz so that you can stand in mist and not have your hair poof out and then wrap your hair up at night cuz it'll stay straight until you wash it





btw anyone who tells you to Relax you hair is crazy.





you should go here





http://www.skinbiology.com/truthabouthai鈥?/a>





here


http://www.folica.com/brands/sedu_140.ht鈥?/a>





and here


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDOPWlDyl鈥?/a>I need info about hair relaxers!?
LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY. Do not use hair relaxer. It will mess up your hair so do not start. Trust me, many members of my family have used relaxers and their soft curls have become dry and they easily break off. Try using a thinner plate on your straightner/try buying a different hairspray or mousse.

Report Abuse



1. First you need to start washing your hair with moisturizing shampoos like creme of nature or pantene relaxed and natural breakage defense(do this once a week).





2. Then you need to deep condition t right after you wash your hair with a deep conditioning cream like Lustrasilk deep conditioning cream(do this once a week). First you put the cream on, then cover your hair with a plastic cap and sit underneath a hair dryer (if you have one) or blow dry your hair with a hand held dryer for 15 minutes then wash it out.








3. Next you're going to need a good moisturizing conditioner like mane %26amp; tail moisturizing conditioner (do this once a week).





4. after you wash, deep condition, and condition your hair do a hot oil treatment with africa's best hair oil. First you have to warm the oil for 10 seconds (let it cool) then apply it to your hair when it's still warm. Next wrap a warm towel straight out of the dryer around your head and leave it on for 15 minutes (do not wash it out).





5. Moisturize your hair daily with a hair lotion like Motion's moisturizing hair lotion.





6. keep heat off of your hair as much as you can but if you need to use heat use heat protectant spray like Tresseme heat protectant spray.





7. Please do not use a hot comb on your hair because it's relaxed and it will break off if you do.





Hope this helped!!!
I use relaxers and I must say it works very well for me. I've found that the more you use it the better it works. Meaning the results improve.


I've asked my hair cutter that question, and she said to condition it. I told her I wanted my hair more soft-like and natural. She told me to use mayonnaise conditioner. I haven't used it yet, but I've heard very good reviews about it and my aunt's used to use it.


You should wait at least two days. I hate waiting this long because my hair looks like a dead tree when I put the relaxer in. Like, it's very stiff and blah. So I typically get it done on Friday so by time I have to go to school on Monday, I can wash it out on Sunday. But no doubt, it looks awesome after I wash it out.


My hair cutter even told me a relaxer doesn't do that much damage. If you can properly take care of your hair, it should be totally natural looking. Which I agree 100%.


I used to go to a salon to get it done, but then my mom and I decided to just buy Dr.Miracle at CVS. (Dr.Miracle is a brand of relaxer)


[image of Dr.Miracle Relaxer: http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/texasbeautysupplycom_1995_28999488]


My mom started doing my hair (it's short, but I don't think it matters) and I must say, I just rely on her to do it. It's a very easy process and much cheaper than going to a salon. Only do it if you're comfortable though.


That's pretty much all you need to know about relaxers. (As far as I'm concerned)


Good luck! :D
If you believe that getting a relaxer will make it easier to take care of your hair you are dead wrong. If anything, you will need to take care of your hair even more because it is much easier for your hair to break off and become damaged. If you have never gotten a relaxer before I would let the salon do it because if you mess up somehow your hair could be in jeopordy. I've seen really bad cases before when people left the relaxer in too long and they lost all of their hair. And if you do get a relaxer I would start saving up money every week so you can keep going back because the best way to keep your hair healthy is to go to a salon and let them take care of it every week. And it also depends on each beauty salon on how much it costs to get a relaxer. For me its 60 dollars but it could more or less some place else.





Good luck with getting a relaxer, but I would really warn against it. I use to have a relaxer, but it gave me horrible split ends. I havent used a relaxer in over 5 years. All I do is press it out and its healthy.
  • dermalogica
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment