Friday, May 14, 2010

Question about hair relaxers?

Ok, so 2 days ago I got a hair relaxer. It seemed like a good one, because it had no lye and it had olive oil in it. It was my first time using a hair relaxer, and I did it because my hair was curly and hard to manage, but it is not coarse. I have no idea when I can wash it, because my black friend, who has had relaxers many times, tells me that I should only do it once every 2 weeks. But I don't have african-american type of hair, so I don't know if it is different for me... And also, I don't think I will ever use a relaxer again because I'm trying to keep my hair healthy. So if I use a relaxer once and then I never do it again, then will that make my hair fall off or break off or whatever?


And even though I relaxed it, will it be okay if I use my hair straightening iron or will that cause my hair to come out?





So, if you didn't feel like reading that, here are the 3 questions I have:





1) When can I wash my hair after putting a relaxer in it?





2) What will happen if I use a relaxer once and then decide not to use it ever again?





3) Is it safe to use a hair straightening iron after a relaxer or will it casuse a lot of damage?





Please answer, I already cut my hair kind of short, and I don't want to have to do it again because of me not being informed! I want my hair to grow long and be healthy!


Please help!


:]Question about hair relaxers?
To clear this up I am African American and i get my hair relaxed but that shouldnt matter because relaxed hair is relaxed hair





1. You should wash your at least week later of 3 days after your relaxer because the chemicals are still like setting in your hair and washing them out would do no good.


2.If you don't use a relaxer again your hair is more prone to breakage thats why most females who get them continue to get a relaxer when their hair has new growth. If you dont i suggest you go for a trim more frequently so the weight of your natural hair and relaxed hair isnt conflicting too much


3.Well i straighten my hair after i wash it but i always put in a protectant serum for example proclaim. But if you straighten your hair the day it was relaxed thats not to smart and could lead to more damageQuestion about hair relaxers?
1) yes but i would wait a day or two or three





2)nothing your hair would just go back normally whn the relaxer wears off





3)hair straightners already cause hair damage so no it wont cause anymore, if anything it should help. i would put something in your hair to help it thoughh just in case
Your friend is right. Once every two weeks is perfect. I get mine done once every two weeks 2. Ummm if you perm it once and dont decide to do it again then that might be a problem for some people because some of them need to keep getting it so that they're hair wont fall out or break. But in your case I dont think it won't be bad b/c you dont have African - American Hair!





Yes it is safe to use a hair straightening hair becasue I do it all the time. Make sure that you use a heat protectant first!!!





=)

No comments:

Post a Comment