Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Would a hair relaxer be considered something like a chemical peel?

I was wondering because when I was 14 I had gotten a perm by my beautician for 11 years, and somehow I guess the perm had gotten onto my forehead and it caused my forehead to get lighter and erase my acne scars. I had to put cocoa butter on my skin to get it back to its normal color.Would a hair relaxer be considered something like a chemical peel?
i'm not sure, but i have a friend whose hair started falling out from using a hair relaxer, so be careful!!Would a hair relaxer be considered something like a chemical peel?
They are both chemicals, but I don't recommend rubbing relaxer on your face to give yourself an at home chem peel :)
A hair relaxer can seriously burn and blister your skin. They are lye-based like Drano.There are special professional preparations for doing chemical peels on skin. DO NOT PUT RELAXER ON YOUR FACE unless you want to risk scarring for life. For the love of God go see a dermatologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment