Friday, May 14, 2010

I need info about hair relaxers!?

I have been straightening my hair for a very long time, and this year I want to get a relaxer put in my hair so I wount have to stress every morning about straightening my hair.


Can you give me as much information as possible about how to care for my hair after I relax my hair, and how many days I have to wait untill I can get my hair wet, and if it damages my hair that much ect.


Sites that tell me about it would help also, and anything else you think woulod help.





Oh and about how much do you think it would cost to go to a salon and get it done?





Thanks!!I need info about hair relaxers!?
I've been getting relaxers done to my hair for a very long time, since I was a little girl. I'm pretty sure our hair types are different, but I'll tell you as much as I can remember/know about relaxers:





You'll have to get a relaxer that's specifically fr your type of hair: Coarse, thick, thin, or whatever. Usually it'll say it on the box what type it's for or it'll have different levels on it like High or Medium.





When you're actually applying the relaxer to your hair, just dot he roots and after you do the roots of your hair massage it so it goes in nicely. And don't leave it on for too long! Once it starts to burn you might wanna wash it out but usually 15 minutes is fine.





The shampoos and such that already come with the relaxers... you don't really have to use all of them. Just the one shampoo will do and the leave in conditioner I usually just skip over that and use my regular shampoo and conditioner (Pantene).





By the end of this process your hair should be wonderfully straight, so just blow dry it~ my relaxers last a very long time, until my hair starts to show new growth actually and then I have to do it again, but I usually get a relaxer every 2-3 months. Once you get a relaxer, it usually sticks and you can wash it within a week and it should stay straight, least it does for me.





The downfall of a relaxer is all the chemicals in it: unfortunately, it does break your hair a bit, but you can always cut your ends every few weeks (you're supposed to anyways~!). However there are new relaxers coming out that are completely natural and have no chemicals in them whatsoever and they'll allow your hair to stay as straight as possible for up to 3 months. Unfortunately for me I have no idea what this product is called. I failed to ask my hairstylist at the time.





Also, I'm not sure what salons do relaxers. I've had my family members do it for me since I was a little girl :/





Anyhow, I hope I helped you even a little bit~!I need info about hair relaxers!?
actually many salons dont do it!


many places have been sued because of the damage it did to so many clients such as hair loss and burnng to the scalp!:(





...i personally know someone that has a beauty school license


and is able to get that stuff!:)





so you either have to look for awhile or actually know someone!:)
Well at my salon it costs 50 dollars you can wet your hair whenever you want it also depends on how muh hair you have, dont get a perm if your scalp is itchy or sore

No comments:

Post a Comment