Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hair relaxers? I want them for my hair... yeah its pretty bad. Like Poof hair :P. But is it safe, from a salon?

I was just reading stuff up online and it kind of freaked me out :P But I thought it would be fine, I mean its professionals doing it. I saw that it can cause hair loss and stuff.... But my hair is such I mess and I got it straightened with a CHI, and it looked so good. But unfortunately I only have a Revlon, which is not nearly as good. And I cannot get one right now, I would have to wait until X mas. But my hair is like a very thick puff ball :P. And I would prefer it was straight... but I am kind of worried. I mean I have dyed my hair with no problems before... but yeah this kind of worries me... Anyone have no problems with it? And is it perfectly safe? I mean I would have a professional do it...Hair relaxers? I want them for my hair... yeah its pretty bad. Like Poof hair :P. But is it safe, from a salon?
Don't do it! I'm speaking from experience here - professionally done or not, it is terrible for your hair. A pro won't tell you that because he/she wants your money, but it's absolutely true.





Try this out:





1. Wet your hair in cool water. Shampoo, massaging your scalp. Rinse in cool water. Condition, massaging your scalp. Don't use a conditioner that has silicon in it; also, get one with protein in it. (Dumb Blond by Bed Head is great.) Leave the conditioner in for at least 5 minutes or else you are just detangling. Rinse in COLD water, but don't rinse all of the conditioner out. (It's about balance - rinse out too much and it'll be dry, leave in too much and it'll be greasy)





2. Get a hair gel. L'oreal studio line ';Non-Hardening'; gel is great. With hair still soaking wet, apply hair gel. Don't run your fingers through your hair, which separates the strands of hair. Take a towel and squeeze the water out of your hair.





3. Apply a small amount of hair gel into your hair. This is because much of it will come out in the towel, although that is a necessary step. After this, don't touch/brush your hair at all. Let it air dry. No heat products, etc.





Also, get a quality hair cut. There is a huge possibility that you actually have curly hair but don't understand how to take care of it. At any rate, a professional will know how to cut your hair to reduce frizz. Also, don't dye your hair anymore. Frizzy hair = dry/unhealthy hair. Dye is damaging.





Good luck! :)Hair relaxers? I want them for my hair... yeah its pretty bad. Like Poof hair :P. But is it safe, from a salon?
its safe if you have a professional do it. but i you have to get one about every 8 weeks or your hair will fall out and you have to take care of your hair.. but i dnt have a relaxer but i do have thick curly hair and i know how to not get my hair not so poofy

No comments:

Post a Comment