Friday, January 15, 2010

Using hair relaxers on a four year old?

I have a four year old daughter who is biracial....she is half black, half white...and this should give you an idea of the texture of her hair. I will add that I believe she has a bit more of her african genes as she pretty much has an afro. :)





What I want to know is if anyone is in my shoes...has used a relaxer...knows if they are really safe?





I would also like to know if there are alternatives. I like her hair and really don't want it to be strait. I would, however, like it to be more manageable and have a nice tight curled appearance. How can I achieve this? Is it possible without relaxers?Using hair relaxers on a four year old?
I am African American and have a daughter (black). I use a relaxer on her hair the first time when she was four, not to make her look diferent but to make her hair easier to comb. I did it only for about five minutes the first time and did not apply the relaxer to her scalp. I used it more like a conditioner. just rubbing it through to the ends. Look in some of the beauty supply shops there are such things that may or may not give you what you want but are natural. Also check on line.Using hair relaxers on a four year old?
Take her to a stylist and get some advice from her....
I would't put a hair relaxer on her it may burn her scalp. I went to beauty school, and I use to do a little girl who was also half white and half black what I did to her hair was put in cholesterol hair conditioner. It comes in a big round container. You can get it at any beauty supply store. I think there is different kinds of it, like some may require to apply heat. I don't remember but I know the name of the product is cholersterol. You just apply it to the hair like you would a relaxer and put on a cap. If you need to apply heat you can always just blowdry it to heat it up alittle. I know that the container has directions to follow. This will make her hair very soft and will get the kink out of it. You may have to do it once a week or so. Well I hope this helps! Good Luck!
Send her to the beautyshop, please!
Oh I am white, but I am pretty natural and I would be scared to use any chemicals on a child. They are so tiny and things can be so hard on them. They cannot take what an adult can I do know that much. Have you looked at one of the natural markets to see if they have anything? Is there anything you can use that is just natural. Can you cut her hair shorter and just make it cute with bows and stuff. Can you put some product that is natural in it? Can you take her to a salon and ask them about what they do forr children. Do not push for relaxer because sometimes places will do anything fo a child if you ask them. They would probably die a child's hair blond in some salons. Just try to find a salon where there is a person who is a stylist with her own daughter and ask them. Perhaps there is some natural way to do this. I just know little kids cannot handle what we can in the way of chemicals.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo鈥? She's too young to have a relaxer, wait 'till she's 7 or 8.





My mom had really bad experiences with relaxers, her hair fell out, she nearly went bald, and they burn your scalp in the long run.
This is very dangerous, from someone who helped design hair relaxers, this could be a recipe for disasters. The propensity of a dermatitis reaction or severe burns on a 4 year old are much more risky than on an adult. I would use child hair detanglers rich in ';Amodimethicone'; and heavy pomades, or just embrace her look as one of a kind.
No No No it might ruin her hair. Try Pink Oil Moisturizer on her hair daily.
I used to relax my hair. I don't anymore!!!! I bought maxi glide by maxius(straightening). I USE IT ON MY 5YEAR OLD DAUGHTER TOO!!!!! I also bought beyond straight for humidity and I buy Biosilk(silk therapy)smells great and is great for frizz.





Source(s):


http://www.maxiusbeauty.com/cart.php...
I'm not sure but when our daughter was 5 I had her get a perm. I don't know what I was thinking...it turned out frizzy and unmanageable and she was very upset about it for a long time. I'm not sure if you should use strong chemicals on a young child's hair.
i know a four year old who got an relaxer and it didnt damage her hair but you can get ther just for me relaxers which is no lye and that should be gentle enough for her hair.
yea i will agree a relaxer on a child hair especially when she is that young is a mistake.......i feel putting a relaxer on a child head for even 5 mins is still not right....i would wait till shes a little older or bring her to a hairstylist so they can manage her hair for you.....im pretty sure they dealt with all kinds of hair textures and they will know exactly what to do to her hair

No comments:

Post a Comment